Info on this story:

This story is completely fictional. Any relation to any real life events, people, places, or anything else is not the intention of the author.




There may be some mature content in this story.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chapter Two: What Just Happened?

Later on, I was dressed in a turtleneck and jeans. Artemis had already seen all of me so why should I continue to let him see skin? I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of orange juice. Aiden was sipping on Dunkin Donuts coffee. I crinkled my nose in disgust.
"How can you drink that stuff?" I asked.
He eyes my choice of clothes before answering.
"The same way you can wear a black sweater and jeans when it's eighty degrees outside." he replied with a raised eyebrow.
I blushed from the memory of this morning's incident. I took my orange juice into my room so i could hide out for a while. My cell phone began to sing, "Larger Than Life" by Backstreet Boys which meant my best friend, Noel was calling.
"Hey, chica!" she exclaimed when I picked up.
"Hey Noel." I responded.
"I called to see if you wanted to go shopping with me. In Boone there are some wicked sales going on everywhere."
My day brightened suddenly. Noel and I loved sales; it was our speciality.
"I'll be there! I'll meet you in front of Becky's Inn at four." I told her.
I snapped my phone shut and shoved it back into my jean pocket. I still had two hours to kill before I had to meet Noel.
A knock came on my room door.
"You can't hide in there forever, you know!" a voice laughed.
"Go away, Artemis!" I shouted back.
"Aw, come on! I was just messin' with you this morning."
"Shove it up your ass!"
He turned my door handle and pushed it open. He laughed when he saw my outfit.
"Beat it!" I snapped.
"Nice outfit. I would much rather see you in that bath mat though."
I threw my pillow at him in disgust.
"God, I hate you!" I yelled as the pillow smacked him in the face.
He walked towards me with his sexy smirk, the one where it made him look mysterious with his long black bangs dangling in his face.
He charged at me and picked me up by the waist. He threw me over his shoulder and walked with me like that.
"Put me down!" I screamed.
He laughed. I pounded on his back with my fists but he didn't seem to notice or care. Aiden came out of his room to see what the commotion was about. He rolled his eyes when he saw me on Artemis' shoulders.
"Aiden, make him put me down!" I cried.
"Artemis, for God's sake, put her down!"
Artemis just laughed and shook his head. He took me outside and as soon as the sun hit me, I immediately regretted wearing a black sweater.
"You still want that turtle neck on because I'd be happy to help you shimmy out of it." he joked.
I reached up and whacked him on the head with the back of my hand.
"Feisty aren't you?"
"Listen you pervert, put me down right now!"
"Nope, not yet."
He crossed the road and into an empty lot.
"What the hell do you think you are doing?"
He sat me down and looked into my eyes with his beautiful blue ones. He got closer to me to where I could feel his breath on my face. I suddenly started to get nervous and my face flushed. He got even closer to me. Our lips were only a centimeter apart. My breath became unsteady and my nerves made my palms sweat.
Artemis smirked suddenly and I didn't know what to think. He pecked my lips and pulled away.
"Wha-why-how--" I stuttered.
Artemis smiled. "Ssh, this will be our little secret." he whispered.
I nodded as he walked away.
What just happened? I thought.

No comments: